You Said... We Did
At Northway we strongly believe in co-production; working together with our parents/carers to improve our service and provide the pupils with the best we can offer.
We take the opinons of our parents/carers and pupils into consideration and make changes to improve.
Here are some examples:
"What is actually done in Literacy, Numeracy, Writing etc so I can practice and encourage him at home.”
- Ensure home school diaries & class newsletters are going home with details of different lessons
- Created curriculum maps for each subject which give a brief outline of what is being taught and suggested activities
"I need help and advice for dealing with my child's behaviour at home”
- Organised parent workshops to discuss behaviour management
- Discussed pupil's Individual Behaviour Plan (if needed) and worked on systems that are consistent at home and school
- Organised meetings betwen parents/carers and an educational psychologist, when needed
- Supported parents through home visits
- Reminded parents that staff are always here to talk and discuss any issues
"How do help my child with their sensory issues?”