Travel to Northway
TravelLing by minibus to and from Northway
The majority of the pupils at Northway travel to and from school by minibus, here are some tips for you;
- Your child will be on a designated route, with a driver and escort team.
- The escort will let you know what time you can expect your child to be collected in the morning and brought home in the afternoon.
- The escort will give you a contact mobile number, please provide your escort with up to date mobile and home phone numbers.
- If your child isn’t well or unable to attend school for any reason please ring the escort on their mobile to inform them as soon as possible.
- If your child has an appointment which means that your child will either be in later for school or picked up early, please inform your escort and use the late signing in book in the foyer.
- Please be ready for the minibus a few minutes earlier than the time given for being picked up in the morning and be home earlier for the minibus in the afternoon.
- Please don’t give your child food to eat on the minibus, they are not allowed to eat on the minibus.
- You may provide soft toys and books for your child to look at on the bus which are kept in the child’s school bag.
- Please attach or put swimming kits, PE kits etc. in your child’s bag, ensuring they are clearly labelled.
- For special occasions birthday cakes and food, may be sent to school on the minibus.
- Please place any money you need to send into school in a clearly marked envelope in your child’s bag.
Bringing your child to Northway by car
When bringing or collecting your child to Northway by car here are some tips for you:
- At the start and end of the school day limited parking is provided in the staff and visitor car park, if it is full please park on a nearby road.
- Please do not park in the car park in front of Northway during drop off and collection times as this space is used by the minibuses.
- Between 9:15 and 2:30 you can use the car park in front of the school.
- Please wait with your child under the covered area by the side of the school entrance when dropping off and collecting your child to prevent congestion in the foyer. Your child will be collected and given to you by a member of the class team.
- If you are bringing your child in late due to an appointment please remember to sign the late book, a member of the class team will collect your child from the foyer.
- If you need to collect your child early please sign your child out whilst waiting in the foyer and a member of the class team will bring your child to you. You should also let transport know not to expect your child.